How to reset, Mercedes Benz A-Class Service Indicator
This page highlights how to reset A-Class service indicator, on a Mercedes Benz W168, A-class. 1998 to 2004.
This page is for information only, I am not Mercedes Benz so if this doesnt work or you have other problems go to Mercedes.
If you cant get it to work, you arent doing it right!
If you do decide to use this information then you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK.
PLUS, this only applies to the W168 Mk1 and Mk1 Facelifted A-Class only
IE: A140, A160, A190 & A210 Petrol and the A160CDI, A170CDI diesel engine models.
That is the model below
This will not work on a W169 model which is from late 2004 onwards!
So please stop emailing me complaining this doesnt work. If your motor is newer than late 2004! It wont work as its only for the earlier A-class (W168) model.
The how to reset the Assyst, Procedure.
- Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock and immediately press button 000.0 twice within the space of one second.
- Turn the key to position 0 in the ignition lock.
- Pressand hold button 000.0 then turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock, Keeping button 000.0 pressed, dont let go!!!! You will hear a beep.
- The service message with current remaining distance or remaining time appears. Keep button 000.0 pressed!!!
- After about 10 seconds, an acoustic signal will sound and the service display with the new starting distance or starting time appears for about 10 seconds.
- Now release button 000.0
- Thats it youve reset your service indicator.
If this procedure doesnt work first time its typically because you have let go of the 000.0 button at some point. Try again.
Additional for Vaneo and maybe W169???
Rich Hall writes: My recently purchased 05 Vaneo requires me to press the “+” button instead of 000.0 to reset the trip.
The above original instructions failed for reset the service interval but when I tried the instructions but using the “+” button instead of 000.0, the service interval reset perfectly.
I hope this helps others.
Ive also found this within about 10 seconds of searching.
Wasnt hard to find!
PLEASE NOTE: if your going to leave a comment below, please remember:
I AM NOT MERCEDES BENZ. If I was I wouldnt be telling you this!
I AM NOT A MERCEDES MECHANIC/DEALER! If I was I wouldnt be telling you this!
I DO NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO FIX SPECIFIC PROBLEMS, if I did i´d be charging you £100 an hour labour!
and I DONT CARE ABOUT HOW ANGRY YOU ARE BECAUSE YOUR ABC or XYZ HAS BROKEN but I MAY help you if I can and if you ask nicely.
If your Annoyed with Mercedes go to the dealers and shout at them