How to modify a Subaru Forester SF5 – Intro
Having owned a Subaru Forester for nearly 8 years and also having extensively modified it I have put together a few pages on how to modify a Subaru Forester. In this articles iI have put my experience into words for others to benefit on how to modify a Subaru Forester SF5.
I know there are lots of people in Africa now acquiring these cars, so here’s my information on how to modify a Subaru Forester. So this is my by no means extensive and always adding to guide, on how to make a Mk1 Subaru Forester SF5 handle better, stop quicker and go faster.
- Wheels and tyres will tell you what to get and how it will make the car look and handle better
- Brakes, will tell you how to make the car stop and more importantly make it stop using cheap second hand Impreza parts.
- Engine, a bit of extra power in this tutorial
- Suspension, important if you want your car to handle after it stops and goes better.
- and lastly styling, how to make what is essentially a munter, into a princess.
Some of this information also translates through to the second model of the Subaru Forester, the SG5 but you try this at your own peril.
I have split the article down into various sections on the car in order of importance as I see things.