My car is driving me crazy, every time I turn it on it says “Service me!”
Yes I know this but your annoying me. So a quick phone call and had a word with my friend who’s a Mercedes Tech about how to reset Smart Car service indicator on the 451 variant of the Smart.
To reset the service indicator you need to follow the procedure below.
The dashboard button referenced below is the button to the left of the speedo display as you look at it from the drivers seat.
1. Switch the ignition to position 1. This is electrics on but not enough to start the engine.
2. Double tap the dashboard button to the left of the steering wheel until you get a the mileage to (or since) the next service.
3. Let go of the button and then switch the ignition to the 0 or off position within 10 seconds of doing this.
4. Push and hold the button again and hold it while you turn the ignition switch to position 1 again. As you press and hold the button the little service spanner will flash and eventually the service countdown will reset.
5. Let go of the button and switch the ignition to 0.
That’s it. You have now reset your Smart car service indicator.
Turns out I didn’t need to phone my mate at Mercedes as someone had already done the donkey work. Check out the Evilution website for more information on this and other models of Smart as well as a nice video of the procedure. If you have a Smart then the site is well worth paying the membership fee as there more information of the site.